Some of the many logistical touches that made this event special.
- An espresso coffee cart. So much better that the usual coffee served at these events.
- No delegate folders that rarely get opened after the conference. Instead a conveniently sized little booklet was provided that contained the presentation schedule, speaker bios that included the Twitter name for each speaker and plenty of room for notes
- Free Wi-Fi for all - Fantastic
- Power boards on each table meant notepads and iPads stayed charged for the entire event.
- Smartphone charging station was a great touch that I took advantage of twice.
I was very impressed with Michael Sampson's live blog posts. He captured the essence of the sessions he attended as they were happening and posted them immediately. Great effort.
And then there were the excellent presentations. I have never been to an event that provided such a wonderful lineup of knowledgeable Intranet professionals.
My only disappointed was that I was unable to attend every presentation due to the dual stream format and deciding which session to go to was very difficult.
Here are a few of the presentations from the event that made it so special.