Monday, October 20, 2008

What Is Wheat & Chaff?

When trying to come up with a name for this blog I had what I considered to be an inspired idea. I have heard the phrase "Separate the Wheat from the Chaff" many times while growing up and understood its meaning to be to separate the Wanted (wheat) from the Unwanted (chaff - the name given to husks and stalks). So the blog name Wheat & Chaff means you will get information that you might want or need along with whimsical items that may be of no use to you at all but I found amusing or interesting.

I have come across many very bright people of late who have never heard the expression so I thought it might be a good idea to provide clarification. BTW, I did check my understanding of the phrase to be sure I was not using it incorrectly and the definition can be found many places on the net including UsingEnglish.com.

No comments: